Sunday, March 6, 2011

Worth The Call

Earlier this week I was reminded (yet again!) of the power a conversation has. When two people share a topic, each listening to and engaging with the others' words its a beautiful thing. Two parties asking questions and throwing out "what if" scenarios; building, advancing thoughts, and creating ideas. Solid! Our topics weren't revolutionary, nor were our solutions extraordinary, but a foundation was laid for what's next. It was that the conversation took place and advanced a partnership. The conversation leveraged strengths, tapped into creativity and emotion that created a series of discussions. Torches were lit, minds were ignited, ideas streamed; ultimately a momentum of success followed.

Oh yeah... these conversations started with a phone call. The partnership, the advancement, and the creation all came sight unseen. Worth the call?

Better yet, why wouldn't I make the call? Why wouldn't I make 20 (my goal each day) of these calls a day? The crazy thing is, all too often we pass up the opportunity to make the call.We have the time but we fill it with something else that selfishly ignites our mind, not others. We (You!) have an obligation to others to make the call. It's your parents, your kids, your peers, your Leaders, your boss, etc. We drive from destination to destination, what happens in between? We have breaks in-between meetings, or classes, or customers, what do we fill them with? We send emails instead of talk, we send texts instead of having a conversation, trust me its worth the call. Perhaps we don't know what to say. Perhaps we don't trust that on the other side of that conversation is success next. Perhaps we have to go out on an limb, engage, or be vulnerable. Perhaps, just perhaps, you can create, ignite, involve, engage, advance, or have success next. Trust me, it's worth the call.
 
What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. One of your best posts yet. I know you know how powerful just a minute on the phone can be. Per Susan Scott: the conversation is the relationship. Way to connect what is important, Coach.

    I have 14 calls on my work list today. Time to ignite what matters, eh? Talk to you soon. Be bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Coach! You just made my day!

    Your guidance and wisdom has ignited what matters in me. I am so grateful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete